NC State University
NC State University, founded in 1887, is a public land-grant university based in Raleigh, the capital of North Carolina.
Highlights of the university include:
- Top 0.9% of universities worldwide (Center for World University Rankings)
- 36,000+ students, 2,200+ faculty and 6,600+ staff
- 12 colleges representing all major academic fields
- US$373 million in sponsored research awards for fiscal year 2019
NC State College of Engineering
The NC State College of Engineering is the primary recipient of the AIM-Bio grant. The grant is supported by faculty, staff and graduate students in the following areas:
- Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
- Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Biomanufacturing Training and Education Center
The College of Engineering has more than 10,000 students and 362 full-time faculty and is ranked sixth in total research expenditures among public engineering colleges.
NC State Wilson College of Textiles
The Wilson College of Textiles, recognized as the #1 textiles institution in the world, also has a role in AIM-Bio research.